Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Can you hear me NOW?

This is nothing new for me. I have been wondering a lot about prayer these past few months. Do I pray enough? Do I pray too much? Do I pray right? Do I have enough faith? How much faith is enough? Are my prayers too greedy? What if I forget something - will He still know? (of course!) I do believe in prayer. I do believe in unanswered prayer, as well. The thing is - we talk A LOT about this at work. We know that our God is a God of details but good grief! It does seem silly that we can pray for lost car keys and they are found but yet we pray for a marriage and it crumbles. See where I'm going? If God helps me find my cell phone why on earth can't he make me a couple of inches taller? Just sayin'.

So, last night, my friend Rhonda tells us that she has heard the song Unanswered Prayers (Garth Brooks) at least 5 times on the radio in the last week. And she doesn't even listen to country music that much. I said that was really strange because I bet I hadn't heard that song in years! I then asked the girls if they thought that God would really put that song on the radio just for Rhonda to hear? Yes - they both thought so. Let me make it perfectly clear that I am not doubting that. I think that, too. (until I start over analyzing God- can I even do that?)
When I was praying last night I thanked God for unanswered prayer. I am thankful that He knows what is better for me than myself. Because most of the times I think I have the best plan and mostly - my plan isn't so hot.

8:25 this morning and I'm heading to work. My daily routine is to hit scan and find some rockin' 80's music to get my day up and running. The first song it stops at....

UNANSWERED PRAYER!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

No doubt that God has a sense of Humor!!