We have completely stopped eating out. No fast food. No take out pizza. No Sunday dinner out. The reason behind this is that there is really nothing for ME to eat when we go out. Surprisingly, I haven't even missed it. Equally as surprising is that I don't have any extra money.
I ran to the grocery store last night and spent $20. All of my purchases easily fit inside one grocery bag. What the heck?
And then there is the gas I put in to drive to the grocery store - another forty bucks every 4 to 5 days.
I saw my neighbor out mowing his yard this weekend. His yard is beautiful. Ours is full of dirt with patches of clover here and there. I asked him the secret of his green lawn and he laughed and said "lots of money."
Because I'm raising humans and not cows I will probably have to let go of my dream for thick green grass and stick to spending my money on things like food and milk and fuel so I can get to the store to buy more food and milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment