It's official. My Christmas mood has set in.
I love Christmas. I hate Christmas.
I can't wait for Christmas. I can't wait until it's over.
I am so excited. I am so anxious.
The story of me. What I love I hate.
There will be no train or plane bringing the first of my little Angels home this year.
For the first time EVER she won't be here for Christmas.
Her stocking is absent from ours. Her spot next to me at our dinner table is empty.
Transition. I'm in the middle of it and I hate it. I can't go back. I can't stand still. I have to get through it.
Our family has changed.
I need to be a big girl and just accept it.
Just like millions of mothers have done before me.
I can do it.
I can do it.
I can celebrate Christmas, the birth of my Saviour, with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.
I know that I can rise above all the HOLIDAY expectations and celebrate.
Celebrate my family. Celebrate my friends.
Celebrate my reason for hope.
Celebrate the birth of Jesus.
His mother had to let Him go, too.
That, in a nut shell, puts it all back into perspective for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment