
One of life's mysteries is why on earth I can hardly wait to put up our Christmas decorations and then I can hardly wait to take them down!
Tonight, when we started taking down the tree, I was amazed how quickly it was going. I even commented that taking the stuff down was going twice as fast as when we put it up.
Three hours later I wondered why I ever said such a thing.
I feel the need to rearrange my entire house when I tackle this project. Move stuff to the basement. Bring stuff up from the basement. Bring stuff down from the attic. Move stuff up to the attic. I drive myself insane!
But now that the boys are tucked in and there are a bunch of teenagers in the basement watching a movie and I am watching the most glorious beautiful snow fall, I feel a total sense of accomplishment.
I am sad as I always am, that this season is over. I think that is why I am always in such a toot to get the stuff out of the house. To just move on.
The one thing that has kept me going is the Wii. It brings back memories of a long time ago when Abby and I were addicted to Dr. Mario. Now it is Abe and I and we are competing at bowling. He beats me every single time just like Abby used to.
The more things change the more they stay the same!
Tonight, when we started taking down the tree, I was amazed how quickly it was going. I even commented that taking the stuff down was going twice as fast as when we put it up.
Three hours later I wondered why I ever said such a thing.
I feel the need to rearrange my entire house when I tackle this project. Move stuff to the basement. Bring stuff up from the basement. Bring stuff down from the attic. Move stuff up to the attic. I drive myself insane!
But now that the boys are tucked in and there are a bunch of teenagers in the basement watching a movie and I am watching the most glorious beautiful snow fall, I feel a total sense of accomplishment.
I am sad as I always am, that this season is over. I think that is why I am always in such a toot to get the stuff out of the house. To just move on.
The one thing that has kept me going is the Wii. It brings back memories of a long time ago when Abby and I were addicted to Dr. Mario. Now it is Abe and I and we are competing at bowling. He beats me every single time just like Abby used to.
The more things change the more they stay the same!
1 comment:
is that the coffee table i wanted so bad from the neighbors that you said no to and then took it for yourself? i do still love it and want it.
Post a Comment