Monday, December 3, 2007

We are the Sandwhich Generation and I am the Cheese

And I HATE cheese!

Randy's step-mom is back in the hospital 30 miles from home. She is currently cut wide open from her adams apple to her belly button and packed with antibiotics and wrapped in saran wrap. Sounds rough, I know. She is not doing too good.

Not to be outdone (not on purpose, though), Randy's dad has lost 9 pounds in 7 days. He doesn't eat. He doesn't sleep. He is distraught over his wife.

At the nursing homes suggestion, last night Randy went and ate supper with his dad and try to talk him into taking a sleeping pill.

His dad finally ate but did not want the sleeping pill. I feel he needs to be treated as a 2 year old. He needs decisions made for him. Even if he does not agree with them. That is how I will treat my parents (sorry Mom and Dad) I will be taking charge. I took charge of my toddlers and I can take on aging parents. I am not afraid.

Once again, after getting out of bed in the middle of the night, he fell.

After a trip to the local ER to see if he had broken any ribs (he wasn't able to breath) it has been determined that he may have ruptured his spleen.

He was transferred via ambulance to a bigger hospital in a town 60 miles away and in the opposite direction as his wife.

Do I dare even say, "What Next?"

update @ 1:00 pm: 1 broken rib and no ruptured spleen. In addition the CT scan showed blockage in the colon. Spots on the liver. Enlarged prostate. The Doctor said it could possibly be colon cancer that has possible spread to the liver. He is also guessing the weight loss is due to this. He is coming home with those scans to give to his Doctor here and we will go from there.

No comments: