.jpg)
Happy Birthday to my most wonderful, cute, smart and adorable husband!
You look great for being 6 weeks premature. Honestly, you don't look a day over, well, a day over 44! oops!
FYI: Our day hasn't gone as planned. Not they way WE planned, anyways.
We were packed and dressed and ready to head out the door early this morning. Abe thought it WAS CHRISTMAS MORNING! He has been up since the crack of dawn. It all fell apart when we received word from our road testers (Chad and Dad - thanks a lot guys.) that our trip was cancelled. (ICE!) That meant the surprise birthday part (Pattycake and all) would be shelved as well. No gift from me, either. Last weekend American Eagle forgot to take off the security tag.
So what is a family to do on a special day such as this? We loaded up and slid all the way to Neighbors for a Not So Hungry Neighbor breakfast. What fun! The place was packed. It was the second best way to celebrate a birthday.
My brother (Thanks Tal!) has invited us all over for an afternoon of snacks and games. Since we all made snacks for this weekend - it will be just like the Lodge. Minus the indoor snow. The waterslides. The fireplace. The cozy rooms. The shopping. The grandparents.
On second thought - it won't be so much like the Lodge. There will be lots and lots of kids, however. I know we will make it fun as we always do. I'm going to make sure my brothers dance to 80's music. That will make everything much better for me.
I know we aren't at the Lodge but we are still spending the day together. Happy Birthday Honey! Here is to many many more!
3 comments:
I'm so proud of you for posting such a postive note in spite of your weekend! BTW - we got "Would you rather" can't wait to play.
I'm so sad for you that you couldn't go, but I have been hoping all weekend that you weren't on the roads!
Post a Comment