My daughter was one of those people last week and I was a BIG one of those people on Saturday. Totally self inflicted. Which is the worst.
My weekend Christmas shopping trip was fabulous until our dinner. From the moment we walked through the door and my ears did not hear LIVE JAZZ CHRISTMAS MUSIC I was disappointed. Bad service. Slow service. No service. Whatever you call it we should have dashed out before we got in over our heads.
After finally getting our drinks my friend sent her iced tea back. Bad iced tea? THAT should have been clue #22 but I am guessing we are a little slow. We still stuck it out.
My side salad made me gag. It was covered in some kind of white chunky cheese and I HATE cheese. I managed a few bites, only because I was starving and near pass out hunger stage.
Next came the four cheese rigatoni in creamy sauce. I took a bite and fear hit me like a ton of bricks. It was HORRIBLE. And contrary to popular belief, I do not like causing a scene.
When the Goofy Waiter asked how everything was we all said "good - good," which is a typical restaurant response.
And then out of my mouth came these words....
"What if I don't like this?"
And those words hung in the air......
And then I heard this from our Goofy Waiter.
"What don't you like?"
"Too cheesy????" I questioned myself. I was trying to be polite.
My friends (thank goodness I still have any friends) said IT IS FOUR CHEESE RIGATONI!!! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEESY.
Ok. Maybe it's not the cheese....I like Ravioli. Lasagna. Manicotti. Pizza. Those all have cheese.
"Is it too creamy?" Goofy Waiter asked me.
"THAT'S IT!" I am a red sauce kinda girl.
Goofy Waiter told me that their goal was for me to leave happy. So I ordered a baked sweet potato. I knew that was a safe choice. Only a sweet potato.
He brought it back minus brown sugar. He did not know where the brown sugar was.
He found the brown sugar and my friends, who at this time are finished with their pasta, encourage me to go ahead and order prime-rib, which was my first choice, anyways.
I ordered it. Medium Well. I do not eat raw or red or bloody meat.
Finally, my prime-rib arrived. With yet another sweet potato.
The meat - it was practically raw. I took a deep breath and slathered it in Horseradish (good thing horseradish is one of my favorite condiments - Thanks Dad!) and ate as much as I could.
Had I had the nerve to send that meat back I think I would have been scared to have eaten anything else Goofy Waiter would have brought back for me.
It would have been covered in his spit, I'm sure.
1 comment:
This is even funnier in written form than in real life.
Post a Comment