When we were packing for the big event I had some reservations about packing Rascal. My little guy is 7, after all. I am in no hurry for him to grow up so I don't push the issue. In fact, I find it endearing. He is our one and only child who has been attached to anything. That said - I don't want him to be made fun of, either. So I came up with a wonderful plan. I offered to have a sleep-over with Rascal at our house. That idea went exactly like I thought it would. Out the window. Abe said he would pack Rascal. Then he would make a cozy bed in his bag and just sleep with the bag right next to him. On the floor.
When it was time for bed, Cole pulled out Cody. His monkey. The monkey he can't sleep without. And Abe pulled out Rascal. The little boy he can't sleep without.
I have a feeling they will be buddies for years to come. Cody and Rascal, too!
1 comment:
This gives me hope for my 5 year old - except he's still attached to a blanket! It will go to college with him
Post a Comment