Wednesday, November 14, 2007

still working on that budget...

I am starting this morning off with an unusual "glass 1/2 full" attitude. My blood pressure is killing me and nobody can turn that around except myself. So I am FORCING a positive outlook on myself.

So today I am oh-so-happy to be able to take my 7 year old to the dentist. With a cheerful heart and attitude.

We know the office very well as he has spent several hours in the dental chair. Kicking. Screaming. Not opening his mouth at the appropriate time. Opening his mouth at the wrong time. Me, by his side. Me, in the waiting room. Me, in the car. Me, at home. His dad leaving work early to take over. Me, begging Grandma to take him. Get the picture?

I'm not sure what happened early on (I have my ideas) but he had a bad run of cavities. Which led to several fillings (Ok. Six).

Needles and holding ones mouth open with a drill and other metal objects hovering above you - this all FREAKS toddlers out. After laughing gas and much bribery, lots of dental work was accomplished.

But then we had to go and have re-work done. He had two fillings which kept falling out. It happened to between his top two teeth. So now, that he has lost those teeth, we have a fresh start. A fresh, crooked start.

Our last visit was when we heard that he would most definitely, probably, need braces. He is 7 for heavens sake! Now they do braces in "phases". Phase 1 is usually around the age of 7 or 8. You have got to be kidding? The girls did not need braces so I'm no expert but braces in phases sounds like...well, like Cha Ching.

It looks like I will be adding another line item to my budget. Better yet I may just consolidate every single expense into one category.

KIDS!

No comments: