Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Salon

It's pathetic when a haircut can turn my mood around.

I am always under the assumption that I will come home a changed person. An improved person. Maybe smarter. Taller. Skinnier. Cuter. Heck, I don't know. Just different. All it takes is a few cuts with that magic scissors.

The daily grind has gotten to be just that. The daily grind. I've had a rough couple of days. I won't go into all the blood and guts of it here, but there has been much in my world that makes my mind do crazy things. Like want to jump ship.

I am really a "glass 1/2 empty" person. Always have been. Potentially, always will be. My mom, bless her heart, always tried her best to change that. With some of her Psychology 101.

I would complain about my short chubby legs, and she would say, "Atleast you HAVE legs." Or I I would complain about my short chubby feet (to match my legs), and she would say, "Atleast you HAVE feet!" And you know what? I'm glad she reminded me of that. Because, to be perfectly honest, I would actually forget that my legs and feet were mine. And I should also never forget that I was not some homeless, starving girl in Africa. I had a family who loved me and took excellent care of me. Thanks to her gentle reminders, all was put back into perspective. Thanks, Mom!

So these past few days I've been trying to practice my mothers wisdom....

1. Atleast I have a job.
2. Atleast my husband has a job.
3. Atleast I have a house.
4. Atleast I have transportation.
5. Atleast the bank will cover all those debits to Mexico.
6. Atleast Abe has been our only child with crooked teeth.

Least I forget all my blessings. I'm counting them. Several times a day.

Oh! There was a bright a spot in my day. A little messenger boy came to visit me today. I can't share the news too publicly yet. I will be sure and shout it from the roof top when I have permission. His announcement really did put the miracle of life back into focus for me.

Tomorrow - I will be back. New and improved. With a cute haircut to boot!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I've got ya covered too...lifting you on high today!xoxo

Abby Jones said...

You to go on vacation next week:)

Anonymous said...

I love you Steph and you are pretty and cute even if you didn't get your hair cut today!
Also on one more note from me Don't forget that God LOVES you and made you just like He wanted you. So in my book that makes you perfect!
Mom

I think random mrs. jones is looking forward to seeing her dear Mother