Tuesday, November 27, 2007

conversations with my children

Me: What would you name the new babies?

Abe: I would have to see them first and see what they looked like.

Me: Daddy named you long before you were even in my tummy.

Abe: I know. Daddy prayed for me to be in the family.

Me: That is true and he named you for Abraham in the bible.

Abe: He should have named me Abram and then when I got older he could have changed it to Abraham. That it is how it really was in the bible.

Me: You are so smart! Who else had their name changed in the bible?

Abe: Saul.

I am feeling very very proud of my 7 year old at this point. He definitely takes after his oldest sister. She has always loved studying the bible as well.

Me: What did God change Saul's name to?

Abe is thinking very hard and a few moments have passed.....

Abe: I KNOW! BRUCE WAYNE!

Later in the day.....

Annie: When I gave blood today the lady asked me if I was Caucasian.

Me: That is weird.

Annie: I thought about telling her I was part Indian.

Disclaimer: Randy had a great-grandma who was a full blooded Indian and my family is so into claiming their Indian Heritage. They love it when people tell them they look like Indians. They seem to forget that I had a great-grandma from Poland. So they are just as much Polish as they are Indian. She should have told the Red Cross lady that she is a Polish Indian!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Funny! I'm hoping the babies aren't Bruce and Wayne...I'm voting for girls.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.