Tuesday, November 4, 2008

wiggle room

In Abe's classroom the desks are arranged like tables with six students sitting in a group. Currently, there are two boys who sit in the "island." They don't sit with a group.

Everyday I ask Abe if he has gotten in trouble that day. Yesterday, he owed recess. Surprise. Surprise. Thus - why I ask him daily.

Me: Did you get into any trouble at school today?

Him: Yes. T.W. got me in trouble.

Me: Really?

Him: You know, he sits in the island and he always gets up and walks around and I could not concentrate because he wouldn't leave me alone.

Me: And???

Him: And I owed recess.

Me: Maybe you will get moved to the island.

Him: I will not get moved to the island because I only have WIGGLY FEET!

Me: Ain't' that the truth!

I am so thankful we have parent-teacher conferences today to hear the rest of the story....

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What was the rest of the story??
Anxiously awaiting it, Nancy

Stephanie said...

Before his conference he fessed up. That HE was talking to T.W. when he shouldn't have been! I knew it!