
Abby,
Where has this year gone? You know me - always melancholy about days gone by.
Wanna come over and celebrate your birthday with the rest of the family? I'll bake you a chocolate sheet cake like the old days! I miss you so much! You would think after four years apart on November 10th I would be used to it. I am not.
22 seems incredibly old. What I should say is that for ME to have a 22 year old daughter makes me feel incredibly old. My gosh! When I was 22 you were already 6 months old!
If you were here - I would be telling you about the Monday that you were born. I will never ever forget the way I felt when I laid eyes on you for the first time. Every baby is special to their mother but nothing compares to that feeling of holding your first born baby for the very first time. I will always remember how my heart was about the burst when I kissed your little face! How sad for me when it became apparent that you were nothing but a little crank pot.
It feels me with such happiness how you and Annie are so close. Mamma loves her girls and I look forward to all that "girl" time that we are sure to share.
I know I don't tell you enought but I admire your courage for running all around Chicago. I admire your obedience to God by following His call to study His Word (and the influence you have had on your father). I admire your never-ending energy for working, raising Stella, going to school full time and then more work. You are so full of determination and stamina. Not much has changed since I brought you home 22 years ago!
I love how you call me to just to say "hi" or you to tell me about something you have read on Facebook. I love how we can laugh over the SNL skits.
I can hardly wait to come and celebrate with you when you graduate this spring. I feel just as proud as if I have earned that diploma myself. (Ok - truth be told I could never have done it! Moundridge math wouldn't get me too far.) I hope you come to your senses and find a graduate school closer to home. For Pete's sake! We all miss you terribly!
I will always love you. Forever and ever my baby you'll be.
Happy 22nd birthday Abby Jo!
Love you much,
Mom
Where has this year gone? You know me - always melancholy about days gone by.
Wanna come over and celebrate your birthday with the rest of the family? I'll bake you a chocolate sheet cake like the old days! I miss you so much! You would think after four years apart on November 10th I would be used to it. I am not.
22 seems incredibly old. What I should say is that for ME to have a 22 year old daughter makes me feel incredibly old. My gosh! When I was 22 you were already 6 months old!
If you were here - I would be telling you about the Monday that you were born. I will never ever forget the way I felt when I laid eyes on you for the first time. Every baby is special to their mother but nothing compares to that feeling of holding your first born baby for the very first time. I will always remember how my heart was about the burst when I kissed your little face! How sad for me when it became apparent that you were nothing but a little crank pot.
It feels me with such happiness how you and Annie are so close. Mamma loves her girls and I look forward to all that "girl" time that we are sure to share.
I know I don't tell you enought but I admire your courage for running all around Chicago. I admire your obedience to God by following His call to study His Word (and the influence you have had on your father). I admire your never-ending energy for working, raising Stella, going to school full time and then more work. You are so full of determination and stamina. Not much has changed since I brought you home 22 years ago!
I love how you call me to just to say "hi" or you to tell me about something you have read on Facebook. I love how we can laugh over the SNL skits.
I can hardly wait to come and celebrate with you when you graduate this spring. I feel just as proud as if I have earned that diploma myself. (Ok - truth be told I could never have done it! Moundridge math wouldn't get me too far.) I hope you come to your senses and find a graduate school closer to home. For Pete's sake! We all miss you terribly!
I will always love you. Forever and ever my baby you'll be.
Happy 22nd birthday Abby Jo!
Love you much,
Mom
1 comment:
CHANGE THE PICTURE IMMEDIATELY!
Post a Comment