We woke up Saturday morning to pumpkins smashed all up and down our street. For blocks and blocks there were smashed jack-o-lanterns. It has happened to us in the past so I wasn't so surprised. Abe, on the other hand, was devastated. I used it as one of those teaching moments. I told him that when he was a teen-ager he needed to remember how it feels to be a little kid and have your hours-long art project smashed on the sidewalk in front of your home. To remember how sad his little heart feels at this moment. Then I had a thought. I am so glad I didn't steal a political sign and stick in my brothers yard like I had wanted to do. I would be just as guilty as those pumpkin smashers.
In other devastating news....
For a very long time I wanted the Barista coffee pot at Starbucks. When Randy finally bought it for me I was thrilled. That coffee pot helped us through many a late night projects at our house. Saturday night - it died. So sad. I loved that big old industrial looking hunk of metal. The coffee was delish and always hot. Now I have a little dainty thing on my counter.
In other news-
Big election tomorrow. Please, exercise your right to vote. You CAN make a difference.
5 comments:
Oh Steph--we too were so saddened to see David's works of art destroyed. Andrew still thinks that the "bad people" are going to bring them back. He just wants his Thomas the Train pumpkin back...what meanies!! We were not expecting pumpkin smashers...next year, we will bring them in and put them in our laundry room to protect them.
I am so sorry for Andrew. Abe feels so sad for him!
Andrew will be okay now that David has cleaned the sidewalk...in a few days he will have forgotten. I just can't get over it! This was the first time we have ever had creative and cute pumpkins...you would think they would have spared David's works-o-art!
Yay voting! I feel so empowered!
I hope you've remembered to mail my ballot! I don't know what I would do without you mom... can't wait to see you this weekend :)
Your ballot? Oops....
Post a Comment