Sunday, November 9, 2008

Original Cherry Almond Scent


Our house is extremely quiet tonight. The pace has slowed way down. Annie had been home since Thursday evening and she headed back to college this evening.


I miss my girl. She is so easy to be with. So fun to be around. She makes me smile. She makes me laugh. She is amazing. I am so thankful that we are heading into Christmas break. I can't wait.

When I was at the grocery store I was looking at the lotion. I saw the Jergens and remembered my Grandma Ada used Jergens. I smelled the original Cherry Almond scent. It was an entirely different looking bottle than I remember sitting in her kitchen but holy cow! It smelled exactly. the. same. Immediately, I was taken back to when I was six years old and would put that lotion from the black and white bottle on my hands.

I feel like that Jergens lotion. The same on the inside but everything is different on the outside. What does that say about my Psyche? OK. Don't tell me because I don't want to know.

You know what? I was not the mom who was excited for my kids to grow up and move away. Nope. That was never me. Why then, am I the mom who has the kids who have moved away?

No comments: