Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change

I am a Republican. I am a conservative. I think the election was long and brutal and it is good to see it end. I always wanted to know what the candidate could do for our country not what was wrong with the other guy.

This election has raised a lot of passion among my family and I loved every minute of it. Annie voted in her very first ever Presidential election and someday she will be telling her grandchildren about it. That is amazing! I was so moved by her enthusiasm (and that of her entire dorm) when I talked to her on the phone last night. These kids are the movers and shakers of tomorrow and it is encouraging to see their spirit alive and kicking! Abe has turned out to be a little political junkie. He was so very disappointed that his guy lost (me, too).

I thought McCain's speech was very eloquent. He has given much of himself for America and I admire him for that.

I thought Obama's speech was moving, as well. I appreciated how he acknowledged McCain's service to our country. One thing for sure is that there will be lots of changes coming our way. Some good and some not so good.

I wonder what will people will be talking about four years from today.

4 comments:

Evy said...

Very well said!!

Nancy said...

You have a much better attitude that I do this morning! Nicely written:)

Two College Roomates said...

My motto for life: What's meant to happen will happen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie. I came across your blog when I thought I was visiting Kayley's ("In This Crazy Life"). I really like it. Your kids sound awesome. Keep up the good work!
Judy