Wednesday, February 4, 2009

small talk

I am finally getting a brand spankin' new dishwasher this week. The appliance guy still swears he has NEVER EVER had a bad Kitchenaid dishwasher EVER. I beg to differ. Anyways, against my better judgement, we are replacing it with the same model. What are the odds of us getting THREE Kitchenaids with issues. Probably, pretty high (since it is me but I can't seem to be lucky enough to win the lottery. Go Figure!) Since they won't refund me any money on a cheaper model I don't want to loose hundreds of dollars. And I want it to match my stove and fridge. Time will tell if I have made a bad call.

I have started to look forward to my Tuesday paper with the Dillons ad in it. Sick, I know. But now that times are lean at my house it's all about cutting corners and getting a bargain. Last night in my paper - the Dillons ad was MIA. Give me a break. The entire highlight of my week was robbed of me.

Abe has come up with the brilliant idea that if he delivered the paper then he would just give me one for free. A free paper. "That would help with our budget. Right mom?" he says. I told him that when you are the paperboy you get a free paper. You don't have to resort to the five finger discount. I broke his heart. The effort to deliver that paper is so much more than the money I spend on the paper. However, I could maybe actually receive a Dillons ad!

I am starting my short weeks this week. Abe has requested that I get up on Friday's and make him a big breakfast because when he picks up his cousin for school, Sam has eaten pancakes, waffles, hash browns - you know - all the "big" breakfast foods. So that is what I will be doing. I can't do that during the week because I am just way too lazy busy. Starting Friday there will be free Grand Slam's at our house. And such a happy little 8 year old.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Do you have room for four more? My kids and I will join you on Friday mornings!!! :o)

Stephanie said...

Sure! Breakfast is at 7:15. Will you all be up?