I was so surprised to have a pot of beautiful red tulips waiting for me this morning. I am not a red rose kinda girl so I love love loved the tulips. My Sweetheart did good!
Tonight we are having heart shaped pizza and I am venturing out on my baking skills and baking a flourless chocolate cake with homemade whipping cream and fresh strawberries.
Since our kids were small we have had the tradition of having a family Valentine Dinner. Tablecloth. Candles. Heart napkins. The year we opted out and did a fancy downtown dinner was not so good for the picky eaters who we went with (me included). Now we stick to what we know. And since I couldn't get a reservation to save my life - we're staying home.
It may be just the three of us but Abe and I are still excited. I'm all about being all inclusive on February 14th. I enjoy surprising my kids with a little something-something to brighten their day and remind them how special they are to me and how much I love them. The guys all get their favorite candy and the girls get something fun and silly. I am a mom who loves family traditions and February 14th is one of those days.
Happy Valentines Day! I hope you are spending time with ones you love.
1 comment:
You are the best mom ever!
Post a Comment