Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Regenerate

It may be because my birthday is right around the bend. It may be because it's inevitable. It may be because I have been married for almost 25 years. It may be because I have three kids. Whatever the reason I am starting to look old and worn out. I don't want anybody to ask Abe why his grandma is always with him. Now, don't get me wrong! There are plenty of awesome grandma's out there who step up and are active in their grandkids life. I think that is fabulous. If Stella were here that is how I would be. I am just not Abe's grandma. I am his mother.

Drastic times lead to drastic measures. I dug into my stash cash and I had a $6.00 coupon and I purchased me "plastic surgery in a bottle." (that sounds like such a country song)

Last night, I set it in the bathroom so I wouldn't forget to use it. Abe saw it up there and told Randy that "mom must have been really excited because she came right home and put that lotion around her eyes." This is funny for two reasons. First - It isn't EYE cream. It is for my FACE and second - I hadn't even used it yet.

This morning I felt like a 3rd grade science project. Abe wanted to check out my new face. (ummm....I may have had high hopes myself). He checked out my forehead. He was so disappointed that it still has all those spots. I told him those were chicken pox scars because I was 16 when I had those stupid things and I picked them off (that is way gross, I know). He told me to look at the bright side. Bright side? Yes. He informed me I would never have chicken pox again because you only get them once. Thanks little buddy! The glass is always 1/2 full with him.

He came to the conclusion that the magic face cream may take a few weeks to work and he will be the first one to let me know when it does.

3 comments:

Two College Roomates said...

Hahahaha... this is too funny!
PS. I think you are aging BEAUTIFULLY!

Evy said...

What a blessing for you to have the little guy around..you know he won't let you down..gotta love it!
And in my eyes your are beautiful!

Stephanie said...

You all are so sweet!