Thursday, January 29, 2009

just an ordinary thursday

Funny thing. Whenever I have been jealous or envious of somebody elses life it always seems that somehow I find out things really aren't what they seem. I used to feel bad for people in my life because I thought that God would use them to teach me a lesson. What I learned is that nobody has a perfect life. It has nothing to do with me at all. Other times, I think that my thoughts lead up to strange things happening. I know that is not true. I know I don't have THAT much power. I have no luck with those lottery tickets. Still....

This morning I was listening to the radio show that I have on every morning. A lady called in and she was crying. She had went to work this morning to find out that she no longer had a job. She had perfect attendance. Great performance reviews. They had to let 10 people go and she was one of them. I was so thankful that wasn't me. My job is perfectly safe. I stopped for a cup of coffee on the way to work. There was a couple having rolls and coffee in the corner. It made me a little jealous because 1. I can't eat a roll and 2. I have to work during the week.

I was busy at work this morning catching up from my sick day yesterday. I had talked to Annie to switch my Friday trip in a few weeks to a Saturday because I have already used up 3 vacation days. She already had plans so I made a note to turn in for my fourth vacation day this year.

Around lunchtime my boss came to talk to me. He didn't sit like he does when it is something serious. He just stood in the door way like he always does. He informed me that starting next week I will be working 4 days a week instead of 5. I would normally be jumping up and down but he meant at a four day work week paycheck. He is hopeful it is temporary. They are making lots of financial changes. I happen to be one of them. A change...blahblahblah.... He said I was still valuable ....blahblahblah.....things are slow....blahblahblah....

I could go on and on about where the lost wages are allocated in our budget. I could go on and on about how we just closed last week on a 20 year mortgage. I could go on and on about having a daughter still in college. I will just shut up and spare you all the blood and gore of it. However, I will share some happy thoughts with you.
  • When I told Abe he WAS jumping up and down. I have no idea why because the kid leaves for school and I am home and when he comes home from school I am here. His excitement made my heart flip flop, though.
  • Liz thought it was fabulous!
  • Annie is off on Friday's. I can spend more time in Manhattan with her or when she is home I can spend the day with her here.
  • My parents are both off on Friday's. Tomorrow they are going to Dallas for the weekend. If it was next week - I'd go along.
  • Randy told me to enjoy it. Do whatever I wanted on Friday's. Just don't spend any money.
  • Sarah said there is coffee sometimes on Friday's. I can go! CHILDLESS NO LESS!
  • I can save all those vacation days I was going to turn in for when Abe doesn't have school.
  • I have NEVER been home while my kids were at school. Unless I was sick.
  • My boss knew I would prefer Friday's off instead of Mondays. He was right.
  • I still have a job for 24 hours a week. With full benefits.
  • I have the option to keep my hours when things turn around at work.
  • My boss thinks I will never work Friday's again.
  • Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? I won't go that far!

No comments: