Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Peaches and Cream

When Abby was home we were watching old home videos. We realized that from the time Annie was born, Abby called her "sister" (and still does) and as soon as Annie was big enough - those two sisters have shared a bed. Which reminded Abby of peaches and cream. When we would tuck the girls in - our code word was peaches and cream. That meant that when Annie was sound asleep Abby was allowed to sneak out and have popcorn and coke with Randy and I. I was shocked to find out that after 18 years Annie had no idea this ever occurred. She remembers us saying peaches and cream when we tucked her in but she thought it was just something cute we said along with "Good night - sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. Peaches and cream!"

Honestly, you would have thought I had just told her that there was no tooth fairy. Her childhood memories have been tainted forever.

No comments: