Wednesday, January 28, 2009

sick day

I have felt this cold coming on for a couple of days now. This morning the thought of going out and sitting behind my desk for six hours was more than I could take. After Abe left for school I called in sick and didn't get out of bed until 11:15 a.m. Do I feel better? No. Not really.

My dilemma is that whenever I miss work for a day that isn't planned in advance I feel horrible. I feel like I haven't called in sick for years and now I've done it twice in the past couple of months.

Of course - I will always feel like I did something to make myself sick. It's all my fault. That is how people like me feel. I had to use the pen at Dillon's when I couldn't find mine. (I couldn't use my debit card because it has been cancelled and they are sending me a new one. Something about my number had been compromised at a processing center.) Last Friday I let a co-worker use my pen to sign something when he obviously had a horrible cold. Gross!

So here I sit. Getting ready to crawl back in bed again. Wondering why I just didn't hauled my rear to work this morning.

No comments: