Tuesday, January 20, 2009

typical

Our house is over 100 years old and it has been a love-hate relationship since the beginning of time. I feel as if I am in some sort of sick abusive relationship I just can't let go of. I love my house. I hate my house. I love my house so much I will never ever leave it. I would give everything I own away to move into a new house.... Wait! I love my house, again.

One of the things I hate is how cold and drafty it is. It doesn't keep us warm like other houses do. That is about to change! Yesterday, we had lots and lots and then some more insulation blown in. Apparently I am not smart enough to put two and two together. I did not realize that all that the wind I felt blowing INSIDE my house was the result of cracks from the outside. I was totally unaware that when they blew lots and lots and then some more insulation from the outside it would penetrate those little cracks and leave insulation ALL OVER THE INSIDE OF MY HOUSE! That is the price I pay for modern conveniences like warmth?? I swear, we cannot take on a project at our house without it being messy, dirty and very expensive.

Lovely. Just beautiful.

No comments: