Yesterday morning, while still laying in bed, Abe came into our room and said, "Mom, I won't be going to church today because I have been throwing up." He said this like it was no big deal. I asked him if he had made it to the bathroom and of course, he had. He is such a trooper. He crawled back into his bed and Annie and I headed out to church and left Randy home with the child who can practically parent himself.
This has reminded me of the Christmas Eve that I had the stomach flu. The girls were small and I was working part-time. I had to work on Christmas Eve morning and Randy was home with the girls. I came home around lunch time not feeling so good. I thought I was hungry so Randy went and got us lunch at Arby's and then it hit. Stomach flu. ON. CHRISTMAS. EVE! Of all the days for me to be sick! Gosh darn it. I crawled into bed around 2:00 and didn't emerge until Christmas morning. Randy got the girls dressed up and the three of them went to Christmas Eve services without me and I laid in bed and cried and cried. So not fair!
Since then - Abby has been sick on Christmas. Uncle Tal has been sick on Christmas. Last year - my mom got sick and went to bed in the middle of our Christmas dinner.
3 days and counting. Who will it be this year? I'll tell you who it had better not be. ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment