About 5:30 last night (after a 2 hour nap) I really started feeling much better. Everytime I am sick I start to wonder if I have been struck with some life-long ailment that will never get better. Like I will have to live out the second half of my life in complete misery (as if eating gluten free isn't agony enough!)
I have decided from now until Christmas I will be blogging on my Christmas memories. Some recent some not so recent. I certainly hope to not bore you all to tears. I tend to have a bent toward the sentimental side.
Today's memory:
When we were kids, we would get up so stinkin' early on Christmas morning. Like 4 a.m. In fact, I don't think we EVER EVEN WENT TO SLEEP! My brother and I were best-of-friends and I had to walk through his bedroom to get to my bedroom and we would sleep with the door open and talk and talk and talk. He can never get mad at his girls for talking in bed. They got it from him (and me, too!) Anywho, I think I would go downstairs first and wake up my dad. Every year he would tell me it was way too early and to go back to bed! Then we would wait. and wait. and wait. We would wait for hours! And then 10 minutes later I would send Tal down to beg dad if we could please open gifts. I think he would finally give in around 5 a.m. and then it was complete torture. Mom and Dad would make coffee. And then DRINK COFFEE! For the love.
....OH! to be a kid again.
No comments:
Post a Comment