We had the most wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas. One of these days (before the fourth of July, hopefully) I will post pictures.
We are in the middle of a re-fi on our house. We shaved years off of our mortgage and are also getting new windows and insulation. It may not seem like such a big deal but for anybody who has ever lived in an old house - it will make all the difference in the world. For anyone who hates to visit me in the winter - for those of you who would never take off your coat OR your hat and mittens - come February you can all come back for a visit and leave all your outerwear at the door. Randy assures me I will notice immediately. I assure him I will, too. The windows will actually be clean. Without 80 year old paint splatters and drips. An added bonus is that I can clear out my windowsills of all the drumsticks, paint sticks and other pieces of random wood that we need to prop up the windows in the spring. Who knows what jewels I will find. Because I know the appraiser is coming, I am using this as an excuse to get those closets cleaned out and that chipped paint all touched up.
Tomorrow, Abby and Jeff and Stella will be here! We are so excited. We are ringing in the New Year at home and I can't wait! Abby's one request was that we leave our house decorated for Christmas. For the first time in 24 years we have left all of our stuff up until New Years and I have loved it. It always seems so bare when we put it all away. I always had the excuse that it had to come down anyways so just get it over with. I was always so sad when it was all said and done. For years the girls begged and begged to leave up our tree. I was wrong and they were rights. I just gained an extra week of Christmas!
2 comments:
I am so glad you will have your whole family with you tomorrow!!! YAY!
We are in the middle of a refi, too. We were happy subprime mortgage holders until it adjusted. Enjoy the warmth. Until then, go to the QVC site and order a Slanket. Seriously. I know cold, even if my house is newer than yours, it's still in MN and I have no fireplace. Happy New Year, Steph!
Post a Comment