I have the best Aunt ever! Even though I am old now and never see her often enough - she is one of the most special people to me.
Growing up, I spent so much time with my Grandma or my Aunt Von. Her kids were older than me and I thought they were so cool! I adored and worshipped them. My favorite place in the entire world was my cousin Amy's room. I loved when she would clean out her drawers and closet and send me home with lots of neat teen-age girl stuff. Stuff like old stationary. Old buttons and sometimes half used Bonnie Belle lip gloss.
Aunt Von started having my entire family (brothers & parents) and my cousin Kraig and his family over for an evening of Christmas treats. My kids (and me!) have started looking forward to this tradition. We sit around her Christmas tree and drink coffee and eat. and eat. and eat. The kids play down in the basement and it is almost always just a few days before Christmas. It is a wonderful way to get our Christmas started.
It is now December 19th and we haven't heard a peep from her. Annie has asked about it and Abe has asked about it and so I asked my mom about it. My Aunt and Uncle are leaving town for Christmas this year and aren't having our little get-together.
Bah Humbug!
No comments:
Post a Comment