Last night - we got Abe out of bed and went on a Christmas Light run. Randy and I had our hot tea and Abe grabbed his Christmas blanket, his pillow and Rascal (of course!) and we headed out. It reminded me of many years ago when we would go look at lights every single night...
We would grab our screaming newborn and bundle her up in the car seat and climb into Randy's old pick-up truck. We would swing by Hardee's to get a cup of coffee for the sleepy driver. That was long before I had acquired a taste for the stuff I love so much now. We were thankful for all the people who left their Christmas lights on all night. It was the most peaceful time of our day. Warm truck. Sleeping baby.
Bundle up tonight and go experience the lights and the decorations of the season. Hug your babies extra tight tonight. Before you know it they will be all grown up.
1 comment:
I look forward to Christmas lights every year. This year my boys kept asking the whole time, "Can we go to Walmart?" Talk about ruining my fun.
Post a Comment