Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Granny's Secret Ingredient.

Every day Abe has homework. So this means that every day we sit beside him to keep him focused company.

After he is finished with math we double check it and may have to say something like, "look at problem 4 again," or "double check problem 2." However, with his reading homework - it is not so black and white.

He has a couple of chapters to read each night and then a few written questions.

Like this:

Question: What happened to the brownies and how did the issue get resolved?

Abe: The boys forgot to put the bacon grease in. How do you spell bacon grease?
Me: Bacon grease?
Abe: YES! How do you spell bacon?
Me: They put bacon grease in the brownies?
Abe: NO! They FORGOT to put bacon grease in. How do you spell bacon?
Me: Are you sure you read that correctly?
Abe: MOM!!!!! It is in chapter 5. Read it yourself. (This reminds me exactly how Abby was when we would work on homework. Very edgy)
Me: I think those would be gross brownies. They put bacon grease like what comes from a pig? Eggs and Bacon? They forgot to put the bacon grease in?
Abe: NO! Not that kind of bacon. Why would they put BACON grease in their brownies?? Bakin' grease like I'm Bakin' a cake.
Me: Like PAM? Like I spray in the pan so the brownies don't stick?
Abe: Yes! Bakin' grease! The boys forgot to put it in the pan and the mom had to dump it all out and put some in so the brownies wouldn't stick after they baked 'em.

I think we have a teeny tiny speech issue or a hearing impediment.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Funny! I love those educational mishaps. Today my son typed "He Licx Crz Namt King". We have a ways to go...