Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pants on fire!

As of late, the topic of children telling tales has come up in conversation. I am sure all of my kids went through the stage of "not telling the whole truth" but honestly, I can't remember. I do know I would not have tolerated it and probably stuck a bar of soap in their mouth for an entire day. Annie may remember but I do not because I pass a stage and I forget it. After recently watching a home video of the girls being out of control and my house being a complete wreck I think I know why. My life was pure chaos back then. Now that I am older and have only one child to raise (with candlelight and soft jazz music in the background) - it seems much calmer. We have more one and one time. Good grief! It is ALL one on one time. There is also no sibling rivalry. Nobody to fight with Abe over who gets the silver Lego.

Conflict at our house is almost non existent so I wondered why I don't remember if Abe has lied to me. I decided to ask him this morning during the 10 minutes it takes him to tie his shoes. He measures the loops and the tails to get them all the exact. same. length. it. is. a. very. tedious. process.

Me: Have you ever told a lie?
Abe: Of course I have- everybody lies at some point in their life. (He is 8 not 88)
Me: Have you ever told ME a lie?
Abe: I am sure I have.
Me: What did you tell me that wasn't true?
Abe: I don't remember (at this point he looks up at me from measuring his shoestrings) but I always tell the truth now, mommy.

hmmm......

1 comment:

Abby Jones said...

I cannot believe there was only one silver lego in that box. Didn't they know it would be the most desirable and put a couple extras in!!!