Monday, September 1, 2008

classmates



I was excited and nervous for my class reunion. Since I had not seen a lot of these people for 15 years - it was strange to think that we would spend an entire evening hanging out and talking and enjoying it. I thought that we could all keep up with facebook. Umm....I was the only one who has a facebook and some of them HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF FACEBOOK!

It was fun to remember (or in my case - not remember) so much from our growing up years. It was also fun to see how much people changed (or didn't) over the years. I think we agreed most of us were the same - only now we dressed like our parents! We laughed so hard and had so much fun that I am glad I didn't miss it. Here are some of the funny things we reminisced over.

The mean girl. I could not believe that we all had endured her in silence all those years.

Why the valedictorian of our class was not in National Honor Society.

We had a very old substitute teacher and one of the boys would pretend to be a cat and rub up against his leg!

Smoke on the Water - our pep band anthem.

Our teachers praying for us before class began.

The way the elementary school smelled.

Our second grade teacher using a bar of soap to wash out a kids mouth in front of the entire class

Shooting beans through a pea shooter at our VBS teacher.

All the drama of all those slumber parties.

My friend and I were going to go out for icecream. In the middle of a school day. We saw our typing teacher driving towards us. Trish ducked so the teacher wouldn't see her and then I ducked. The thing was that I WAS DRIVING!


That right there about sums up my highschool life. Me being the follower even when I should have been in the drivers seat.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Smoke on the Water...ahhh...the gool 'ole days....