I was in speech class when I was in elementary school. Back then - it was a big humiliating deal because the other two kids I was in speech with, were, well, they were "special" and we got stuck in the basement of the school. In the basement with the extra desks and chairs. I had speech in the basement. With the special kids. In the storage room. Probably when the other kids were learning really important things like North and South and East and West. I am not sure if my speech is any better and my directions sure as heck aren't. For example, these days I can't find my way out of a paper bag and I can't tell you my diagnosis unless there is a nurse in the room who can pronounce it for me.
Because I want my child to be smarter than his mother, when we go over spelling words, I have him say them in a sentence as he is writing them down. (someday I hope to learn where to put comma's, too)
Me: Plane.
Him: You like your hamburgers plain.
Me: No. Not that plain the other plane.
Him: You mean like airplane?
Me: YES!
Him: I have never been on a plane. Except when I was a baby and I don't remember. P.L.A.N.E.
Me: Great!
Me: Few
Him: Few! I am glad that plane landed safely.
Me: NO!!! Few - like a couple or a few.
Him: When I got off that plane there were only a few seats left. F.E.W.
Me: Important
Him: It is inportant that I use these words right so you don't get mad. I.N.P.O.R.T.A.N.T.
Me: I am so done.
3 comments:
Seriously funny!
Oh come on, he's funny! At least homework isn't boring at your house!
Guess who else had to spend some quality time in the celler of the M.E.S.? I can still remember the distinct smell of that place!
If I remeber right, didn't you have to go outside to go downstairs?
Post a Comment