Thursday, August 21, 2008

let the insanity begin!

I can't remember a week that has been so full of things to do. My memory isn't what it used to be but still, this week has been stinkin' busy. I have been grocery shopping. College shopping. Purse and shoe hopping and dinner out with a friend. I have walked 3 miles every night this week with Annie. And worked on my class reunion (and the week was only half over) Which reminds me that I haven't laughed so hard as I did yesterday with one of my bestest friends from school. We were supposed to be planning our class reunion picnic but mostly laughed and peed our pants. We got out my old yearbooks and read what she wrote. An entire page of sentences that started out the same, "I will never forget..... and I will always remember....." Of course - most of it has been forgotten!

More news -I am going to take an accounting class. Why not have three college students in the family? Granted, I am the very part-timer. It will only consume every Thursday evening from 6:30 - 9:30 from tonight until December 11th. And then I will take another three hours next semester. All done in anticipation of a big pay raise. That motivated me. However, I will be missing the meet and greet at the elementary school tonight and next Thursday I will be missing the room mom meeting. Yes! I am a room mom because heaven forbid I run out of things to do. So when the opportunity arose I seized it.

I may have missed my chance at college cheerleading and sororities and wet t-shirt contests but I won't be regretting not being a room mom. Three cheers for room moms!

1 comment:

Joanna B. said...

You have to be the cutest, funniest room mom I know.