Friday, August 1, 2008

Hello! Good-Bye!

Hello Vacation!

My vacation to-do list is ridiculous. It involves moving all of Abe's pets all around town. The fish. The 2 rabbits (and their cage) and the dog. Not to mention the watering of all those flowers I thought I needed in May. And then the vegetable garden. Good Grief!

I'm not even dreading the 12 hour ride in the car at all. I have two books packed, which I hope to finish. I have all my gluten free dining out menu's printed off the internet. The GPS is all set. We have the portable DVD player charged (thank goodness for Red Box!). We finally found the car charger for the gameboy. It was in the exact same place we found it last time we couldn't find it. I-pods are ready to go. Car chargers for cell phones are ready. We have snacks for ride. Camera is charging.

Tonight I will be cleaning my house top to bottom. Doing all my laundry. It is an absolute must that I come home to a sparkling clean house.

Vacations when I was a kid didn't seem near as complicated. I think it involved a new coloring book and a new box of crayons. Mom and Dad had the paper map and our car had no air conditioning or seat belts. No need for snacks because we weren't allowed to eat or drink in the car. Once we hit the city nobody could say a word because mom was nervous about driving in all that traffic. We didn't talk to one person from back home the entire time we were gone. We found cool local radio stations to listen to. Times sure have changed.

Bye-Bye work!

2 comments:

kranberry216 said...

THANK YOU - finally someone else who cleans before leaving on a trip. I was starting to think I was the only one who had to come home to a clean house! Have a great trip - I'm insanely jealous -and I don't even know where you are going!

Smuddpie said...

Don't you just love how easy all the electronic gadgets make our lives? I go through all that every time, and you'd think that one of these days we'd just decide to leave it all home. Too bad you don't knit....

Have a great trip!