It is funny how when I was in a "stage" with my kids, I couldn't imagine life outside of my box. There were those very long days when I thought I would ALWAYS be washing diapers (I'm not kidding) and later, I dreamed of how I would spend that money I was spending on Pampers.
There were all those long nights, too. What I wouldn't give to sleep through the night. Without a kid in my bed!
There was a time when I couldn't even begin to imagine going somewhere without the stroller.
And then I thought I would forever be running my kids all over town for this and that.
And once upon a time I thought I would never ever survive those middleschool years and all those middleschool tears.
And then I wondered if those girls would ever get the hang of a stick shift. They will thank for me forever for forcing them to learn.
These days I find myself wondering if anything will ever stay the same.
Saturday was Annie's last day at the coffee shop. Pam and I joked that we were going to have find a new place for our coffee. Will it ever be my "happy place" again? Will I ever go to that counter and not long for Annie's smile? One thing I know for sure is that I won't be able to pop in and grab a cup of coffee and a hug. I don't think hugs are in Tracy or Jenny's job description. I'll never again have my barista plop down beside me at the table just to chat.
In other life changing news - I'm gearing up for the big college move this weekend. That is a post all by itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment