Friday, August 22, 2008

I may have found my niche

When I went to enroll for the college class, I asked to see the list of my "classmates." How could I forget about FERPA?! Everything is so private these days. So then I kindly asked if she could tell me the ages of the others enrolled. HELLO! FERPA!

Last night - in a class of 9 total - I was old enough to be each one of their mothers. How do I know this for sure, you ask? Because in the introduction icebreaker those little kids were all into announcing their ages. What is up with that? Since when do you describe yourself as "I am Stephen and I am 20?" Oh! When you are 20 (and apparently 25) you do that!

At the break the nice lady (who follows those FERPA rules) who enrolled me asked me if I was the oldest one in the class. I told her DANG RIGHT I AM!

And now I am the new room mom on Thursday nights.

No comments: