Wednesday, August 13, 2008

doctor doctor give me the news

I've got a bad case of doctor blues!

This summer I have been trying to become a healed person. This doesn't seem like it would be such a big deal but it has proven exhausting and frustrating. I should just go with my self diagnosis and cut out dairy. No gluten. No dairy. No big deal. NOT! I am not a milk drinker but I do enjoy yogurt (makes me sick) latte's (make me sick) and icecream (makes me sick) I see the pattern. I do. I'm going down kicking and screaming. I wouldn't be me otherwise. I know. I am a total pain in the butt. No pun intended.

I am a very discerning person. I'm not always right but I feel like my gut feeling is almost 100% right. So, when I went to the GI doctor this summer I was less than impressed. With him and with his diagnosis or lack thereof. AND I think that he liked me a little too much or he hated my guts (bad joke) because he wanted to see me again - for yet another colonoscopy. What the heck?!

As I was visiting with my family doctor (the same doc who delivered all three of my kids and I love with all my heart) he was even less impressed than me with the GI doctor. He is sending me for a second opinion. AMEN!

So today - I call the new doctors office to confirm my appointment and get their address and low and behold they could not find me in their system. I verify spelling of my last name. My first name. My date of birth. Oh.... my date of birth! That is why they could not find me. They have my year of birth as 1954!!! They have added 11 years to my age. If they can't get my date of birth correct then what about me and my precious innards? Oh! ye of little faith. Got that right.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Oh, those things make me nervous too. Like when the nurse reading Z's allergy tests had nearly the entire form filled out and then realized that she was one row off on reading all the little bumps on his back. So, we THINK we know what he's allergic to...