I know. I know. You miss me. You miss hearing about my wild and crazy life and my even crazier thoughts. Well, here I am! Alive and kicking.
The past 7 days have been summer busy. Nothin' special about that. Everybody I talk to feels the same way about their summer schedule. Here are just some of my highlights.
- We had a "snow day" in June. Because of the storms in the area, everything was cancelled last night. VBS & Baseball. So, we made supper (something I hadn't done in who knows when) and then we loaded up and went to the coffee shop where Annie was working. She made me my new fave, a Milkyway. When her boss saw my drink he told me it was "pretty." She is so talented! Abe hung out with the Webkinz. When we came home, Randy hung a ceiling fan in our basement. Another project to cross off our list!
- Got together with the other girls to finalize plans for the twins shower coming up this weekend. Can hardly wait!
- I went shopping with a friend. She wanted to replace a pair of shoes her dog used as a chew toy and I needed shorts that didn't make me look like an over-the-hill-porn star. Target did not have her cute brown shoes and they were out of my size of the granny jean shorts. We still had lots of fun. I did get an awesome baby shower gift!
- Had coffee with my friend and heard all about her Florida vacation. Can you say jealous??!
- Abe went to VBS.
- Abe got a baby bunny. So this meant Randy had to build and paint a very fancy bunny box.
- Abe has a new babysitter this summer. He adores her. They are two peas in a pod. Abe checked out chapter books from the library (not from the kids section or even beginning reader chapter books - these are for for REAL READERS) and he has already started reading one! They have built a massive lego house. They love wii. I have had to put them on a budget, though because they both love the coffee shop a little too much. (Where on earth do you think he gets this from?) I think he will have a great summer. He is already looking forward to next summer when she can come back!
- Abe started a blog. He is about ready to pee his pants he is so excited. We haven't anytime to work on this week, though. Which frustrates him to know end.
- We ate dinner with another family at their house. She is a fabulous cook so I felt as if I had eaten at an expensive restaurant. She had some amazing Sangria that had all sorts of fresh fruit in it. I also gave their new baby not one but two bottles and then let her daddy change a very dirty diaper.
- Abe had a double header out of town. We didn't get home until after 10:00! It was hot and I was very tired but it was fun. He made it to base every time!
- Abe is a Black Belt!!
- We got a new TV. Well, it actually was my brothers. Which brother, you ask? Both of my brothers have used it. But it is newer and nicer than anything we have ever had. The problem was that it was very heavy. And then it didn't fit in my cupboard the way it should have. You know by now - if a project involves ME there will some sort of issue as to whether or not it will actually fit. And chances are good that it will not. The other problem is that Abe is the only one in my family who can work the remote. You know you are old when you need your kids to do your electronics. That would be us.
- We did i-chat with Abby, Jeff and Stella. That was so much fun. To see their cute little faces while we were talking.
- Had a great family dinner at the park. It was a surprise for my brothers birthday. He didn't seem all the surprised, however. It was a blast!
- My freezer if chalk full of fresh beef.
- We welcomed Annie home from her trip and did all of her laundry. I was teasing her last night about her terrible "jet lag". What is really wrong with her is that she wants to hop right back on that plane and take that trip over. And over. And over. Oh! It is hard to grow up. She is having to learn that every vacation has a first day. And then a last day. And then you come home to life.
To wrap up the week I am really hoping for PF Changs tomorrow night. Somebody (Randy, I won't mention your name, OK?) thinks we can't afford it. I on the other hand, feel you can't put a price on a date night. Am I right, girls?
Plus, I still need some granny jean shorts.
1 comment:
1. Abe's babysitter needs to pay for HER OWN coffee shop treats! After all, she's a "breadwinner" now.
2. Date night, jean shorts (you are too hip to wear granny ones), and PF Chang's sound like exactly what the doctor ordered. Have you checked into whether or not Pei Wei (Fast Food PF Chang's) is gluten-free friendly?
Post a Comment