Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flags of Frustration


Randy has worked very hard on our yard this spring. He finally has gotten grass to grow between our front sidewalk and the street. He used a bobcat and moved and rearranged dirt. And he roped everything off and planted grass. He watered and babied that grass. Since neither of us really has a green thumb it is a miracle that the grass actually came up and looks great! It is bright green and getting thicker every day.

A couple of days ago we noticed some utility flags in our yard. And then yesterday - red spray paint on the grass. A call to our local utility company confirmed what we already knew.

The utility company is digging up our yard to repair a water leak. Perfect timing. NOT!

However, it is a perfect time for me to practice my cognitive therapy. My life seems to give me plenty of opportunities to change my perspective. So, I will not overgeneralize. This is not one in a series of never ending miserable patterns in my life.
Oh! I kid. It's only grass and it's not that big of deal. What I'm unsure of is if we could ever get grass to grow again! I think it was just a fluke that it actually came up this year since the past three years we've had no such luck.

On the bright side - Randy is convinced that this will increase the water pressure in our old house. Ever the optimist - that guy is.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I think for all your pain and suffering, the city should install an underground sprinkler system free of charge while they are digging up your beautiful lawn!