- It is much easier to get into town then to leave town. For some reason - we could not find our way to the highway. We eventually made it home, however.
- People do not shut off their cell phones. No matter what kind of seminar we were in - somebodies phone would ring. Sometimes - more than once.
- I got a free t-shirt! Now I have something to wear to my first ever college football game!
- There is not near as much diversity at our state college as there is at Abby's private college downtown Chicago.
- I felt like a poor little German girl in the Be you. Be Greek. meeting. Those parent's were way into getting their kids into the "best" sorority.
- I have never heard any of the songs or who sang them on Annie's I-pod.
- The college will not accept Annie's AP Art credit.
- When you let your 18 year old daughter school shop for her 8 year old brother - he will be going into 3rd grade looking like a frat boy!
- I should not have to enroll any child at college by myself. Randy stayed home with Abe and I was way out of my comfort zone being "on my own."
- There were hundreds of parents in the financial aid meeting trying to figure this out. Just like us!
- The upcoming freshman class is the largest and smartest in the history of the college. The average ACT score is 24 and the average GPA is 3.6.
- Just because the classes are open when you meet with your advisor does not mean that they will still be open when you actually enroll. 15 minutes later.
- When the academic dean started talking about The Rise of Europe class or Intro to Cultural Anthropology - I decided I could never make it through college myself.
- When you are an Art Major you get a really easy schedule. I'm thinking Annie should be on full ride academic scholarship next semester!
- You can tell the difference between a studio art major and a "marketing" art major by their appearance.
- You can re-take up to five classes (in your college career) to improve your grade but you cannot take the same class five times! somebody actually asked that question.
- The best way to be experience success at college is GO TO CLASS! GO TO CLASS! GO TO CLASS!
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives." Clarence~It's A Wonderful Life
Sunday, June 22, 2008
What I learned at college
Well, it is official. Annie is enrolled as a college freshman. They told us the bill should arrive the middle of July and then it will really sink in. We had a great day and I learned a lot. Here are some of the things I took away from freshman enrollment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm thinking the bill for the "free" t-shirt will come in July as well. =)
Post a Comment