I read a book a couple of weeks ago about being happy without being perfect. That book was so enlightening for me. I did not realize it but it is true. Perfectionists tend to think that they are in complete control of their health and well being. What that means is that I feel like a failure if I get sick or have something "wrong" with me. I should be able to control my health with my choices. Over the years, 10 to be exact, I have completely down played my health issues. Now that they are progressively worse - I need to figure this all out. I can no longer blame the hot tamales.
After being gluten free for many months and still having some "issues" I am now onto round 2 of what the heck is wrong with me. I have an appointment with a GI doctor and a scope. Lovely. Beautiful. I have done this before and I know I will survive. I'm not so sure I will survive the diagnosis, however. I am working really hard not to go to the extreme and think that I need to have my affairs in order because I have one foot in the grave. I am an all or nothing type of girl!
My general practitioner thinks I have Colitis. I have already made the decision (based on the dx) to go with the alternative route. I am not going to be taking a bunch of medicine. I am also making other changes. I have also been reading a lot about plastics. I think I am going to stop drinking out of plastic water bottles (at least making sure they are the safe ones) and am reconsidering how I cook my food in plastic. Am I overreacting? probably. I feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack. BUT I am bound a determined to figure this out.
I am ever so slowly turning into somebody I never thought I would.
Wanna come along for a ride in my VW van?
No comments:
Post a Comment