
I know about 8 year old boys. I had two little brothers. Thus - the reason I hoped and wished for little girls. That being said - nothing compared when I had a little guy to call my own. He had my heart from his very first breath. Every minute. Every day. And then he turned eight. And my love for him is more than ever but now I am reminded once again of little boys. The good. The bad. The ugly.
Friday night he fell out of our tree when the branch broke. Late at night (during the wild party) he came crashing down from way up high. If I have told him once I have told him a thousand times not go clear to the top where the branches are more like twigs. He was not hurt but he was scared. He was scared for at least 2 hours after the fall. He slept between his mommy and daddy all night.
Yesterday, during the sermon at church - he told me that church gives him a head ache. Then he covered his ears. Then he needed to blow his nose. And then he needed to go to the little boys room. Then he came back and announced that his friend Emma was in the hallway ALL BY HERSELF and why didn't SHE HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH?! And then he covered his ears and crawled onto the floor. Then he announced that he was bored. And then I whispered that if he could not sit through church he sure was not going to be able to sit through a movie later in the day. And then he DID NOT WHISPER that he COULD sit through a movie. I went home and took a 2 hour nap.
Last night, I was trying to figure out when I could go and see the new babies. Tonight seemed liked the best option. Abe also has a game tonight. So, I asked him if he would be OK with me going to the hospital and not being at his game. He looked at me and said, "Mamma - who will cheer for ME? You are the only one who comes and cheers for ME?"
Around 2 this morning, Abe came into our room for a drink of water. He has water by his bed, too, so I asked him why he came to drink mine. "Mamma's water is better," he said, "and while I am here can I just crawl up there with you?"
No matter what -he will be my little guy and I will always be his cheerleader. Even when he is on my last nerve.
Friday night he fell out of our tree when the branch broke. Late at night (during the wild party) he came crashing down from way up high. If I have told him once I have told him a thousand times not go clear to the top where the branches are more like twigs. He was not hurt but he was scared. He was scared for at least 2 hours after the fall. He slept between his mommy and daddy all night.
Yesterday, during the sermon at church - he told me that church gives him a head ache. Then he covered his ears. Then he needed to blow his nose. And then he needed to go to the little boys room. Then he came back and announced that his friend Emma was in the hallway ALL BY HERSELF and why didn't SHE HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH?! And then he covered his ears and crawled onto the floor. Then he announced that he was bored. And then I whispered that if he could not sit through church he sure was not going to be able to sit through a movie later in the day. And then he DID NOT WHISPER that he COULD sit through a movie. I went home and took a 2 hour nap.
Last night, I was trying to figure out when I could go and see the new babies. Tonight seemed liked the best option. Abe also has a game tonight. So, I asked him if he would be OK with me going to the hospital and not being at his game. He looked at me and said, "Mamma - who will cheer for ME? You are the only one who comes and cheers for ME?"
Around 2 this morning, Abe came into our room for a drink of water. He has water by his bed, too, so I asked him why he came to drink mine. "Mamma's water is better," he said, "and while I am here can I just crawl up there with you?"
No matter what -he will be my little guy and I will always be his cheerleader. Even when he is on my last nerve.
No comments:
Post a Comment