Sunday, June 15, 2008

Little Girl Lost

I am looking forward to attending my first ever benefit dinner and auction for our local art guild. This is the same group who puts on the art show that Annie had art work in April. All three of the scholarship winners are special guests at the dinner and they each have the privilege to donate a piece of artwork for the benefit auction.

Tonight, when the lady came to pick out a piece of art work to auction, I was not surprised when she chose the painting of the little girl. What did surprise me was how much I wanted to hold on to it and not let it go. Then I found out that there is literally only three pieces of art up for auction. My mind is already working over time.

I wonder if I can afford to bid on little girl and bring her back home again.

No comments: