Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Break

Can I just say that there were many years that I thought I was in way over my head with two daughters. It was hard! The funny thing about that is all I ever wanted were two girls. Sisters. There were many, many times it took every ounce of energy for me to get out of bed and face another day with those two. They would fight. One was picky. Then the other one was picky. Then they would fight. And then Abby did not want Annie around when her friends were over. All Annie ever wanted was to hang out with Abby. Abby was mad. Annie would cry. On and on and on.

This weekend Annie is heading out to Chicago to spend an entire week with her sister AND Abby is looking forward to it! Miracles do happen. Seriously, since Abby went away to college the girls have become best of friends. I'm not sure how that happened but it did and I am thrilled.

I remember many spring breaks spent playing Sorry and Dr. Mario and Lego's with the girls. This year they will be hanging out at Starbucks and on Michigan Avenue.

Don't worry about me. Abe and I will play Sorry and Dr. Mario and Lego Batman on the Wii. Just like the good old days! Except without the fighting.

No comments: