Dillons is having their buy 10 items and get an additional $5 off sale. This is the Mega Event that always puts me over the edge. So this time I had a plan.
I took my 30 coupons and my list of 30 items and Randy and Abe. My plan? I would be purchasing the 30 mega event items and Randy would fill his cart with the other things. It worked fabulous! I wouldn't get confused and I could be certain that I had thirty items which in turn would equal an additional $15 savings. In the end, even the checker and carry out boy were impressed with how much I got for a mere $20.00!
The sale ended last night so I thought I would go once more and stock up on some bargains. I was going to get 20 items which would convert to an additional $10.00 off. So I got in line and unloaded my groceries. The people in front of me had $579 worth of groceries! And then there was an issue with the register freezing up. So they closed up shop and told me I would have load back up and switch registers. So I loaded my 20 items back in my cart and moved over to the 12 items or less. The only other lane open!
After all this drama I completely lost focus (I am sure this does not surprise you). When I got home I thought I had better double check my receipt. Sure enough. Only 1 $5 discount. I counted my groceries. 20. I counted the items on my receipt. 20. Then I started looking at the little + signs to see how many qualifiers I had. 19. Turns out the Chex Mix was the wrong size so it didn't count toward the mega event!
I grabbed my Chex Mix and my receipt and headed back to Dillons. It was around 8:15. Imagine my surprise when I get to the Customer Service counter and see CLOSED signs. I had no idea that the customer service center closed at 8:00. Just my luck. However, Justin (who I have gotten to know on a first name basis since the Grocery Game) was so kind to run me through a register. I got $6.89 back! Can you believe that? That was an expensive bag of Chex.
Six bucks here and six bucks there. It all adds up! It all adds up to a big ole head-ache, that's what.
2 comments:
I cannot tell you how many times I've left the store and realized that my receipt did not say what it was supposed to say! I've learned to check it before even leaving the parking lot - and it's still a big ol fat pain in the neck!
I'm sorry for you but it makes me feel better I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment