Monday, March 9, 2009

snips and snails and puppy-dogs' tails

Boys will be boys. I've heard it said . I've read about it. Now I am living it. As if I don't have enough gray hair already. I've already raised two daughters. Isn't my job finished? Apparently, Abe did not get that memo.

Abe went to a sleep over this weekend with 5 friends. He had so much fun. Pizza. Video games. Basketball - skins against shirts (he was on the skin team). He did not fall asleep until 4:05 (his words). At 3:05 (his time) the boys snuck out. HOLD ON RIGHT THERE!! Aren't they a little young to be sneaking out?? Third grade?? What really happened is that they walked out the back door and right back in. They got creeped out (his words). They were probably outside 60 seconds or less but in that 8 year old mind - they snuck out. I love, Love, LOVE that he is a talker! He just talked and talked and told me all about the party.

He said they could have went anywhere they wanted if they hadn't gotten scared. ANYWHERE! Since they were on the golf course AND IT WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE FRICKIN' NIGHT!! I asked him what their plan was. WAL-MART AT 3:30 A.M. ON A GOLF CART?

Darling and precious and adorable son of mine - for the record (no pun intended) just because the police knew where your dad lived when he was young does mean that we need the police to know where you live.

Like father. Like son. I'm so done.

No comments: