My week seems busy but I'm not sure with what. Of course, there is always the Grocery Game on Sunday and because that wasn't torturous enough I went back to the grocery store yesterday. 10 boxes of free Green Giant frozen veggies and a free Nestle Chocolate Milk, thankyouverymuch.
It's cold and raining and I hate it. I hate being cold when I crawl out of bed. I hate being cold when I go outside. The bummer is it is only October and I have about 5 more months of this staring me straight in the face. Ba Humbug!
I voted early. No changing my mind now! There is so much buzz about this election. Always something new to greet me when I watch the news. The new wardrobe. Record fund raising. Lots of negative campaigning. The bright side - I have been loving SNL again. Anywho, can't get any worse than it is now. I probably shouldn't even say that out loud, should I?
Our little local Halloween Parade is tonight. I think we will skip it. It is too cold and too wet. Actually - it reminds me exactly of Halloween nights when we were kids. With those wet soggy pillowcases full of popcorn balls and caramel apples. It was always freezing back then - that was before global warming.
Randy has been working his tail off to pay cash for our portion of Annie's college. The college she doesn't like so much now. Eight weeks into her college education she is ready for a change. They told us at parents day this would happen but I always think they are talking about other families when they say that stuff. For the LOVE! I have been parenting for almost 22 years now. When will I ever learn?
9 comments:
1. Yum-yum 10 boxes of corn covered in something that is supposed to taste like butter. I wonder why it's free?
2. Too bad you got rid of all those turtle-necks. You could be toasty warm right now.
3. Pretty sure you voted for the wrong person - but I still love you.
4. Give her that e-mail address and phone number and hook her up! This girl is super, super sweet.
Halloween Parade? When and where? Andrew and I might be interested...also I want to play the grocery game...do you talk about it in your previous posts?
I am down about the weather too. That is one thing about living here that makes me depressed...it is still in the 60s and 70s in MS! Oh well, I will just sulk with my little space heater on here at work.
YOU GOT RID OF TURTLE-NECKS? MOM! I love turtle necks... I'm actually wearing one right now. Thanks for the consideration :)
As for Nancy's comment: I need a space heater here at work! It is freezing in my office.
I'm lovin the colder weather, when you get my age and your body starts to deteriorate you will love putting on big ole sweatshirts
to hide things...and oh to snuggle up in a warm blanket with a good cup of hot chocolate..
I got my space heater from Wal-mart near the end of winter last year on sale for $10-$15...I use it everyday, sometimes in the summer when it is freezing here! I love mine.
Abby's comment about the turtle-necks makes me LAUGH! My hubby and I were shopping last weekend and I was looking for something to go under a super-cute jacket. He pointed to a ribbed turtle-neck sweater. I told him Annie said I can't!! :)
WHAT! What did annie say about turtlenecks?
oh...so sorry...didn't mean to cause a family fued over this one! :) Just assumed the fashion issues were all known in the family...Steph, I'll hand it over to you to explain the closet clean-out!
Steph--
If you hadn't complained about the weather and not attending the carnival...we wouldn't have known about it!! Check out our photos that I just posted!
Post a Comment