I am the most horrible test taker you have ever met. I get sick. I get emotional. I cry. It all started in the second grade when I sat beside a girl who I thought was way smarter than me (where did I come up with this as a 7 year old??) In the fourth grade I cried during a math test because I just did not know what to do. I eventually stopped crying but the test anxiety never did get any better.
Fast forward several decades. That accounting test last month completely stressed me out. It was 40 questions. multiple choice. Why are there "all of the above" or "none of the above" choices? I can hardly handle that. Are those always the right answer or are they trick answers? In addition to the test in class we had 5 "problems" that we had to take home and do.
So this week we had the choice between a 15 page comprehensive problem OR the multiple choice test (26 questions this time) and a take home portion.
What did I choose? You got it! The 15 page, 6 hours of homework, comprehensive problem. I was surprised that I was the only one who chose the problem! In fact, all those little kids thought I had lost my mind. I can't believe that I am the only nervous test taker out there. Am I? Am I????
3 comments:
I would have voted for 26 multiple choice questions. Sorry...
I would have, too. But in the end, You will probably learn way more than any of your classmates. So way to take the educational high road! I'm proud of you!
Might I remind you that I threw up a TON two weeks ago before my first Art History exam?!
Once again, another great attribute I've received from my mother :)
Post a Comment