A little bit of history to catch you up on.
First - Abe has recently realized that he was the only third grader that he knows that is still in a car seat. When we were at the state fair, the State Trooper did inform us that, legally, Abe can officially be out of the car seat. However, it would be safer for him to still use one. So, we have made the agreement with him that as long as we are in town he can just buckle up and when we leave the city limits he will buckle up in his booster seat. So now the carseat is in the back of the blazer. Hidden under a blanket.
Next - When Annie went off to college we loaded her up with anything she may possibly need from our medicine cabinet. Last weekend she informed us that she was not so happy with the flavor of tums that I had gotten her and next time could I please get her a better flavor and NOT Lemon Lime.
And finally - you all know about the grocery game purchases. I have been buying a little more than I normally do. What is ironic is that I have about 10 Tums coupons AND tums were on closeout - however, I could never find them.
....and now, the rest of the story.
Annie is home for a long weekend. We all climbed into the Blazer to go for coffee Saturday evening. Abe and I wanted to walk downtown but Annie thinks all she does is walk on campus. I'm glad we didn't because I would have missed out on this conversation.
Annie: Abe, why is your carseat in the backseat? I thought you didn't use it anymore.
Abe: I don't. Mom had to have the back empty for when she went and bought all those tums yesterday.
Annie in complete shock : Tums? Mom bought so many tums that she had to empty the back of the blazer? I wonder if she thought I bought a pallet full of tums because I had coupons.
Abe: Yes. She bought all those big flowers for fall. She showed them to you. All those tums!
Annie: You mean MUMS?
Sorry Annie. You are still stuck with those Lemon Lime Tums.
1 comment:
So cute...don't know if you can see my mums from across the road, but they looked beautiful at Stuzman's...now that I have had them for a month, they look bad, bad, bad...I water them...don't know what they need, but they look pitiful. Ideas?
Post a Comment