It is my baby brothers birthday today. Here are a few things I remember about when he was born, so very long ago.
- I was in the second grade.
- I went to the lumber yard, in the next town, with my Grandpa. The entire drive there I kept thinking that I would never forget where I was when the baby was born. And I was right.
- When my dad came and told us we had another "little Talmage" the big Talmage cried and cried.
- He was supposed to be a baby sister. Her name was Carrie.
- While my mom was still in the hospital my day moved my bedroom from upstairs into the basement. I loved it until I had to sleep down there. Not long after - he moved me back upstairs.
- While I was staying at my Grandparents I had a sore neck. My Grandma had to leave work to come and pick me from school early. These days they would say that I was struggling with the adjustment of a new baby in the family. Back then there was no "label." Just a stiff neck.
Some facts about him:
- He had such blonde curly hair that my mom dressed him up in a dress to see if she could pass for a girl! And we wonder why he has issues.
- We had to stop at the ER in Texas on our way to Disney World because he was having an asthma attack.
- He was lost at Bush Gardens.
- He was always sick. He was the only one of us kids who had their own special Doctor (a pediatrician) because of all of his ailments.
- He took the doors off the kitchen cabinets.
- He did everything that his older brother did.
- We always spent the night at Grandma's on New Years Eve and we would tell him, "See you next year!" and he would go and cry to Grandma and we would get in trouble. EVERY YEAR!
- He was Abe's age when Randy and I started dating.
- He was the candlelighter at my wedding. He was in the fifth grade.
- He had a mullet in highschool.
- He had a mullet in college.
- He plays the drums. and guitar. and upright bass.
- He has Celiacs, too.
- He is a terrfic brother, brother-in-law and uncle!
- He has a great wife and four beautiful kids (I told you he did everything his brother does)
Happy Birthday Little Brother! I wouldn't trade you for anything now. Even a sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment